This funding is dedicated money that goes directly to schools to provide high quality sporting opportunities for pupils.
The money is provided to:
- Up-skill teachers to improve the quality of sport lessons
- Invest in quality coaching
- Provide more opportunities for pupils to take part in inter-school competitions
- Offer more after school clubs
- Purchase better equipment
- Introduce new and unusual sports
- Improve sport teaching for children with SEN
- Deliver holiday and weekend activities
- Boost Change4Life clubs, helping children build a healthier lifestyle
PE and sport premium for primary schools - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) ‘Funding for Primary School Sports’ – published 19 Sept 2014, last updated 7 Nov 2022
Information on the use of this funding can be found in the document below.