Norwood Green Junior School is an Academy for local children with a published admission number in the 2023/24 Academic Year of 90 for entry in Year 3, Year 4, and Year 5 with 120 per cohort in Years 6. The admission process is managed by Hounslow Local Authority on behalf of the Academy Trust. Parents must complete their home local authority Common Application Form. Applications open on 1st September 2022 and close on 15th January 2023.
When the school is oversubscribed, after the admission of pupils with an Education, Health and Care Plans where the school is named in the Plan, priority for admission will be given to those children who meet the criteria set out below.
For admissions at point of transfer from Infant to Junior School, pupils attending the linked Norwood Green Infant School will be given priority after Looked After and Previously Looked After pupils. Any places remaining after this will be allocated to other external applicants in accordance with the oversubscription criteria set out below in the following order of priority:
1. Looked After and Previously Looked after Children (as defined in the Children Act 1989) or a child who was previously looked after and has left care under a Child Arrangements Order, Special Guardianship Order or who was adopted. Looked after children (LAC) and all previously looked after children (PLAC), include those children who appear (to the admission authority) to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted (IAPLAC).
2. Linked Infant School – children attending their linked infant school have priority for admission to the linked junior school after looked after or previously looked after children.
3. Exceptional Medical or Social Need – Applicants whose child’s medical or social circumstances require attendance at a particular school rather than any other school.
4. Sibling – Children who will have a brother or sister, including all blood half-, step-, adoptive and foster brother and sisters of the child (not cousins) who live at the same home as the child, in the linked junior school in September 2022. This would not apply if the sibling were due to leave in the July before the younger child would be admitted.
5. Children of Staff – Children of any member of staff, regardless of role in the school where:
a. the member of staff has been directly employed at the school for two or more years at the time of application or
b. the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage
6. Distance – Where there are more applications that meet this criterion than there are places in the school, priority will be given to those children who live nearest to the school, with the distance from home to school being measured using a computerised mapping system.
For in-year admissions at any other point in Years 3 - 6, all applicants will be considered in accordance with the priority order set out above.